Sylvia Lee, PhD, proud graduate of Pima Community College (PCC) and former PCC Campus President, was elected in 2012 to the Pima College Board from District 3. She was on Arizona List’s Watch List in this election cycle.
After obtaining her Associate degree from PCC, Sylvia transferred to the University of Arizona where she earned a Baccalaureate degree in Psychology and Masters degree in Counseling. She earned a Ph.D. in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies from Arizona State University. In June, 2011, she retired as a Campus President at PCC after working a total of 30 years in higher education. In addition to working at all six PCC campuses, she also worked for the University of Arizona, Arizona State University, the Arizona Board of Regents, Rio Salado Community College, Estrella Mountain Community College, University of Phoenix, Minnesota State Colleges-Anoka Ramsey.
Sylvia has been very involved in the community, including work with Goodwill of Southern Arizona, U of A Asian American Alumni Association,
Marana Chamber of Commerce, Literacy Connects, DM-50 (Friends of Davis-Monthan AFB), U of A Honors College, Greater Oro Valley Chamber of Commerce and Hispanic Women’s Corporation.
Her priorities as a member of the Pima College Board are:
- WORK to make the College accessible for all
- KEEP tuition affordable
- DEMAND transparency and fiscal accountability
- PROVIDE students equal access to support services and programs
- EXPAND PCC as an economic partner in our community by providing needed job training
- RE-ESTABLISH a positive, healthy work environment where employees have a voice and are respected
- ASSURE PCC represents fair labor practices
- STRENGTHEN partnerships with K-12 and businesses
- STOP the Board from being a rubber stamp for the Chancellor