Who We Are
Arizona List is a grassroots network supporting pro-choice Democratic women running for office in Arizona and we want you to join us!
Founded in 2004 by a group of women determined to organize and break the barriers for women candidates, we have grown into a powerful organization. Our accomplishments include:
- Since 2004, we have helped to elect 34 Democratic women to 53 local and state offices.
- In 2006, one of our city council candidates won a place on a Republican-only city council. Thirteen of our 14 state legislative candidates won! Our success helped gain 7 Democratic seats in the Arizona House and Senate.
- Our previously endorsed candidate Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick became the third woman in Arizona history to serve in Congress.
- In 2008, we endorsed and helped to elect the first woman mayor of Flagstaff, Sara Presler; we were able to donate $37,000 to independent expenditures and $4,500 in PAC checks sent directly to candidates.
- In 2009 we protected one and elected two new pro-choice Dem women to city councils in Arizona.
- In 2010, we had the highest membership to date with over 950 members; we were the leader at the state legislative independent expenditures table with $74,000 and an additional $45,000 in direct candidate support.