Thank you for your interest in electing more Democratic women in Arizona!
ARIZONA LIST JOB POSTING
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION
Arizona List, now entering its 10th year, has helped elect over 60 pro-choice Democratic women to local and statewide offices. Modeled after the game-changing national EMILY’s List, AZ list has identified, trained, supported, endorsed and elected more pro-choice women to local and state office than any other political organization in Arizona. We are seeking a politically savvy Executive Director committed to helping to elect Democratic women, building a growing and sustainable donor base, ready to promote the Arizona List mission to diverse audiences.
The Executive Director position is responsible for managing the organization’s budget, program and staff. The organization’s annual budget is $250,000 – $300,000 for an organization of 3-5 staff. The position will primarily focus on outreach and fundraising. This position is a perfect opportunity for the right ambitious political operative looking to gain managerial experience while helping to elect pro-choice Democratic women in a tough battleground state.
Specifically, the Executive Director is responsible for management in six areas:
1. Budget: Develop and maintain sound financial practices, including developing and adhering to the budget and monitoring all funds coming in and out of the organization.
2. Fundraising: Develop and implement a detailed fundraising plan designed to achieve the short, medium and long-term goals of the organization through events, direct member outreach and board fundraising efforts.
3. Program Development: Along with the Board of Directors, develop and implement a programmatic plan to promote the mission of Arizona List.
4. Communications: Oversee communication and outreach to the membership, community at large and media.
5. Staff Management: Manage, recruit, hire and dismiss for budgeted positions that report to the ED.
6. Board Relations: Provide weekly one-page reports to the Board of Directors, run a quarterly board meeting and keep in regular communication with board members in order to better execute programs.
· Proven success achieving fundraising goals on behalf of a political organization or campaign.
· Demonstrated experience in staff management with proven clear decision-making ability.
· Strong fund-raising and development skills
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage staff well
· Ability to represent Arizona List professionally and effectively to others
· Excellent communication skills, including listening, public speaking and written communications.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of Arizona politics.
· Highly organized, creative, flexible, and able to carry out multiple tasks concurrently.
· Knowledge of—and commitment to—issues related to pro-choice Democratic women’s politics.
· Ability to identify and address potential conflicts, as well as respond to problems or challenges that may affect the ability of Arizona List to meet its goals.
· Solid computer skills including Word, Excel, and NGP or similar donor tracking programs.
Position reports to the Board of Directors.
Start Date: September 2013
Arizona List is an equal opportunity employer. Salary to be determined based on previous experience ($45,000- $65,000).
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Director”
Currently we have no open positions. Please contact our office at (520) 327-0520 for more information.